DIY Labor Day Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad
If you are looking for a light and delicious salad for this Labor Day, you need to try this fresh Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette from Keep it Skinny. Who said your salad needs to be boring and without taste? And why not start the fall season off with a good lookin’ and healthy treat at the neighborhood BBQ? We’re sure you’ll like this one and your friends will as well.
- 5 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife
- 2 Avocado’s, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 2 cup Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
- 1 Small red onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup Feta, crumbled
- 1 ½ cup English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice
Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cilantro Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 6 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Sherry vinegar
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- 2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ t. Salt
- 10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper
Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire. When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss. Enjoy!