Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
If you are looking for a light and delicious salad for this Labor day you need to try this Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette from Keep it Skinny. Who said your salad needed to be boring and without taste!? I will be starting this holiday week healthy. Pass it on!
- 5 Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grilled, remove corn with sharp knife
- 2 Avocado’s, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 2 cup Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety or equivalent
- 1 Small red onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup Feta, crumbled
- 1 ½ cup English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice
Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Sherry vinegar
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- 2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ t. Salt
- 10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper
- Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire. When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss.
- Source: Authentic Suburban Gourmet