DIY Wall Decor: Heart String Art
DIY Heart String Art Tutorial
We are always on the look out for cheap and fun DIY wall decor projects. So when we saw this sweet string art tutorial from Green Wedding Shoes we had to share.
We got so many compliments on this giant string heart from The Cream – and the best part – it’s pretty easy to make one of these yourself! Such a rad piece for your reception decor that you can keep for your home also. 🙂
• piece of wood – the bigger the more dramatic!
• string – we used the pink neon thin rope you can find at Home Depot, but you could use any yarn or string
• box of nails (if want a nail with a decent head so the string won’t pop off)
• spray paint to paint the wood
• white paper to draw the heart on
Step 1: Spray paint the wood the background color you picked. We used dark gray, so the pink would really pop
Step 2: Once the paint is dry, tape the wood with the white paper and draw the heart shape on the paper
Step 3: Time to get the hammer out! Nail around the entire outline of the heart – we spaced our nails about an inch apart.
Click HERE for the full tutorial.
Looking for something a little more challenging? Girl after my own heart! Here are some great inspiration photos to get your creative juices flowing. If you need a shape to trace just Google what you are looking for and check out the images that come up.