Zucchini zucchini! I love zucchini bread and hello a double chocolate zucchini bread, please bring it here. This fabulous recipe from Portuguese Girl Cooks is moist and deliciously chocolaty and let’s not forget the yummy zucchini. I will make my loaf soon! Thanks to Portuguese Girl Cooks for sharing this recipe!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Makes 1- 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (Optional)
- 1/3 cup natural or dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups unpeeled and shredded zucchini, about 2 small
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
3. Add in both flours, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 65 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pan for at least 20 minutes, the turn out onto cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing. Store well wrapped at room temperature.