Football Food Menu
Are you ready for some football?!!?! College football season is here. Sports fans, even the gourmet kind, want food that’s quick and delicious. There is nothing better than finger food, right? We got the perfect appetizers for you to try at home. Check out this footaball food menu, YUM!
Football Bites (with Summer Sausage, Cheddar & Ranch) Recipe
- favorite crackers (I used TownHouse because of their size/shape)
- summer sausage, sliced thin (about 1/8″ thick)
- block of cheddar cheese, sliced very thin (about 1/8″ thick)
- ranch dressing
- 1 small, rinsed-out aluminum can (like from green chiles), or a small round cookie cutter
- 1 ziplock bag, or frosting bag
On a sturdy cutting board, use the aluminum can (or cookie cutter) to shape the cheddar and summer sausage pieces into individual “football” shapes. (See photo above.) Then assemble the football “bites”, by layering cheddar and summer sausage atop the crackers.
[button size="small" color="black" style="none" new_window="true" link="http://gimmesomeoven.com/football-bites-with-summer-sausage-cheddar-ranch/"]Gimme Some Oven[/button]
Mozzarella Stick Recipe
- 12 pieces string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
[button size="small" color="green" style="none" new_window="true" link="http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Mozzarella-Stick?pmcode=IKLDC05S&_mid=838832&_rid=838832.650200.781355"]Taste of Home[/button]
Beef Quesadillas Recipe
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ cup re-fried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (drained)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Butter (for spreading)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
[button size="small" color="green" style="none" new_window="true" link="http://blogchef.net/beef-quesadillas-recipe/"]Click Here For Directions[/button]
Roasted Corn Guacamole
- 6 ripe hass avocados
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 ear roasted corn, kernels cut from cob (1 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 red onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, diced fine
- 1 jalapeno, diced fine (optional)
- Place avocados in a large bowl and mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add all other ingredients to mashed avocados and mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
[button size="small" color="green" style="none" new_window="true" link="http://eclecticrecipes.com/roasted-corn-guacamole"]Click Here For Directions[/button]
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen large eggs, preferably not super fresh
- 3-oz piece of hot-smoked salmon
- ⅓ cup crème fraîche (you could try subbing sour cream or labneh)
- juice of half a lemon (or more to taste)
- 3 Tbs capers, drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onion or 1 large shallot, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
[button size="small" color="green" style="none" new_window="true" link="http://www.simmerdownfood.com/2012/02/01/smoked-salmon-deviled-eggs-for-book-club/"]Click Here For Directions[/button]