Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Delicious and divine! The Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is here and there is nothing else that screams Fall more than this latte! Save some money making it at home. My new favorite website The Kitchn shares this DIY: Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe. This recipe is so easy and yummy you need to makes this at home. For those watching the calories, you can always substitute the milk for low fat and change the sugar for a substitute. Gather the ingredients and celebrate Fall!!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yield: Makes 1-2 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon of Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute – you can halve this amount
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don’t have an espresso machine.)
- In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it – just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
- Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.
[button size=”small” color=”brown” style=”none” new_window=”true” link=”http://www.thekitchn.com/diy-pumpkin-spice-latte-96277″]Via The Kitchn[/button]