Who said plastic spoons will ever look this good! This will be a great piece to add to a corner in the kitchen, don’t you think. This spoon mirror tutorial comes from Craftaholics Anonymous and I have to say is FAB! Don’t forget to check out more of Craftaholics Anonymous crafts. I know you will love them as much as we do!
What do you need:
- hot glue gun
- 3″ round mirror
- spray paint
- 78-80 clear plastic spoons
- small piece of ribbon
- Cut a 12″ circle from a cardboard box.
- Lay the 3″ circle mirror in the center of the cardboard circle and trace around it. Then remove mirror.
- Use your scissors to score the plastic spoons at the base of the handle, then use your fingers to snap off. Don’t worry if the break isn’t straight or even. Just be careful not to break the concave portion when snapping off the handles.
- Starting on the outside edge of the cardboard circle, hot glue the spoons around the perimeter so that the spoon over hangs slightly past the edge of the cardboard. Continue hot gluing the spoons on until you reach the inside circle. You’ll want the spoons to slightly overlap the circle you drew in the center.
- Spray paint the spoons making sure to cover any cardboard you may see peeking through the spoons. I did 2 coats of spray paint and got great coverage. *Tip: I used clear plastic spoons so that I wouldn’t have to worry aboutpainting the backs of the spoons.
- Once the paint has dried, hot glue the small mirror in the center of the spoon wreath.
- Cut about a 4″ piece of ribbon, shape into a loop and hot glue to the back of the cardboard to use to hang it on the wall.