This recipe is a very dear to me and it has been in the family for many many years and wanted to share with you.
The trick for the best fluffy and tasteful cupcakes is:
1. Ingredients need to be a room tempeture! Eggs,milk and butter (softened).
2. Sift the flour. It would help your cupcakes texture.
3. I always set the oven timer for 18 minutes and check on the cupcakes with a tooth pick. I like to take them out before they get too hard.
Yield: 12 yummy cupcakes
- 3 large eggs whites
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
**The family secret 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Divide eggs and add vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer beat the butter until soft (about 1-2 minutes). Add 3/4 cup of the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg whites mixture with vanilla, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Add the almond extract. Now on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions.
- Evenly fill the 12 muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18 minutes (that is my key and they come out perfect). Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweet condensed milk (optional) I want to give it a twist this time.
In an electric mixer,cream the butter until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the powder sugar and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the milk and beat on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add slowly the sweet condensed milk.